Call for papers – Invitation to authors
Special Section in physica status solidi (b)
Optics of Surfaces and Interfaces
Guest Editor: Mike Downer
Submission Deadline: August 31, 2015
Section: OSI-11: Optics of Surfaces and Interfaces
Dear OSI-11 presenters,
Following a series of successful publications from previous Optics of Surfaces and Interfaces (OSI) meetings and related to this year’s OSI-11 in Austin (June 28 – July 3) it is planned to publish a regular topical section (no conference proceedings) with selected contributions on the diverse aspects of surface optics research in pss (b) – basic solid state physics. In collaboration between the Guest Editor and the pss Editorial Office we cordially invite you to contribute a Feature Article (topical review, for invited speakers) or Original Paper manuscript based on or related to your conference presentation.
The physica status solidi journals are designed to reach a broad audience. It is one of the largest and well-established publication platforms in solid state, applied and device physics as well as materials science with more than 1500 articles per year – now over 50 years in business – and is widely accessible as part of many institutional site licenses, evidenced by many hundreds of thousands of article downloads annually.
All submitted manuscripts will undergo peer review. According to the editorial policy of pss, two positive recommendations by independent reviewers are a prerequisite of acceptance. Peer review and publication occur rapidly on individual manuscript basis. Published in Wiley Online Library Early View few weeks after acceptance, your article is citable immediately; hence there is no waiting for the remainder of the contributions. When all articles are complete, the topical section will be assembled in a regular monthly issue of pss (b). The clustering of related articles raises the visibility of these articles significantly, and we are confident that this will become a quality publication reflected by high article access and citation numbers.
Please refer to the author instructions available on our homepage www.pss-journals.com ® Author Guidelines (including optional Word template and LaTeX style files and the link to online submission to pss (b) through Editorial Manager - please mention the submission to the OSI-11 topical section in your cover letter and select the appropriate section/category OSI-11: Optics of Surfaces and Interfaces to expedite handling).
We look forward to receiving your contributions!
Mike Downer and Sabine Bahrs
Guest Editor: Mike Downer email@example.com
pss Editorial Office: Sabine Bahrs firstname.lastname@example.org
Information on submissions:
Original Papers expose original and previously unpublished work of general interest to the community. Manuscripts do not have a strict length limit (typical lengths vary from 6 to 10 journal pages). Articles must fulfil the standards and requirements of the journal. Acceptance of a contribution for presentation at the conference does not automatically include publication in the topical section. Main criteria for consideration by pss (a/b) are:
- Relevance and novelty of the topic match expectations for a regular journal paper.
- The general quality of the manuscript and the amount of information provided is appropriate for an international journal. Serial or incremental, pure self-referential and lab-report-style work is discouraged.
- Main results have not yet been published (also not in conference proceedings) and are not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Please make sure not to copy content from (even your own) previous publications. All submitted manuscripts will be processed through the iThenticate text verification system.
Feature Articles should provide an overview of a current topic in the format of a topical review of about 10–12 (max. 15) journal pages. Due to this length restriction, a complete bibliographic overview on the existing literature cannot be expected, but referencing should be well-balanced. The manuscript should represent a snapshot of most recent progress, the state of research and particularly relevant aspects, with focus on the highlights and possibly open or controversially discussed questions. They are intended to inform an audience not immediately familiar with the specific topic. Original, previously unpublished results may also be included to a certain extent.
Benefits for pss authors include:
- No page charges or publication costs for authors, free online colour
- Modern article formats (PDF, Enhanced PDF, HTML, Enhanced Article for mobile devices)
- Supporting information, e.g. additional data, figures, videos or animations can be published online
- Wiley OnlineOpen option compliant with funder mandates and supported by many institutions
- Author suggestions for journal cover figures or frontispiece pages, especially for Feature Articles
- The PDF file of the article will be provided as electronic reprint free of charge. Colour print (at reduced rates for Feature Articles), journal issues, reprints with cover page, posters etc. are available for purchase
- pss is indexed in ISI Web of Science and all other major abstracting databases
- Promotion of selected content via web portals, e.g. materialsviews.com, newsletters, and press releases
See recent related publications:
Editor's Choice: Optical characterization of gold chains and steps on the vicinal Si(557) surface: Theory and experiment,
Conor Hogan, Niall McAlinden and John F. McGilp,
Phys. Status Solidi B 249, 1095 (2012) (DOI 10.1002/pssb.201100759)
Feature Article: Raman spectroscopy from buried semiconductor interfaces: Structural and electronic properties,
Phys. Status Solidi B 252, 19 (2015) (DOI 10.1002/pssb.201350410)
Original Paper: Excitons in two-dimensional sheets with honeycomb symmetry,
O. Pulci, M. Marsili, V. Garbuio, P. Gori, I. Kupchak and F. Bechstedt,
Phys. Status Solidi B 252, 72 (2015) (DOI 10.1002/pssb.201350404)